Tuesday, June 16, 2009

117 Words

One hundred seventeen words that changed the face of the Middle East.



In the book of Ecclesiastes, King Solomon hands us a golden key to understanding prophecy. He tells us, "The thing that hath been it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun (Ecclestiastes 1:9)." In the light of this scripture, the old adage, "History repeats itself," rings true.

The words of Nehemiah read, "Moreover, I said unto the king, if it please the king let letters be given me to the governors beyond the river, that they may convey me over till I come to Judah. And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which appertained to the house, and for the wall of the city and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me (Nehemiah 2:7-8)." King Cyrus signed a decree to allow the children of Israel to return to the land God had given then.

Now read the Balfour Declaration. Papers were signed to allow the children of Israel to return to the land God had given them. God reveals future things through things that happened in the past. He foreshadows them.

"That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath been; and God requireth that which is past (Ecclestiastes 3:15)."

No comments:

Post a Comment