Thursday, June 18, 2009

For God Will Save Zion (Psalm 69:35)

"tziyon yoshia elohim ki"

In Hebrew, we would read this from right to left. So it says, starting with ki (for) elohim, (God) yoshia (will save) tziyon (Zion). Zion is a poetic form of the word Jerusalem and occurs over 160 times in scriptures.

(Letters and prayers crammed into the Wailing Wall at Jerusalem)

Why are Christians so captivated by Jerusalem?

"Friends how can we forget Zion, the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem (Hebrews 12:22)? Is she not our mother (Galatians 4:26)? Are we not her citizens, indeed her exiles in this age? Doesn't Zion represent our eschatological future -- our home in olam haba (the world to come)? Indeed, even the Heavens and Earth will be called Jerusalem--Zion in her perfection (Revelation 21). We are instructed to 'pray for the peace of Jerusalem' (Psalm 122:6), but we are further told to 'badger' the Lord until He makes Zion a praise of the Earth (Isaiah 62:7)."
~ John J. Parsons ~
The Levitt Letter

"I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night; ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence, and give Him no rest, till He establish, and till He make Jerusalem a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62:6-7)."

May Your rightful place on David's Throne in Jerusalem come quickly, Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Come quickly Lord!
    I have enjoyed reading down through some of your posts. I am glad you came by. I do love the Lord....and I am glad that He promises not to give up on me. He will complete what He started in me....He has quite a way to go. :)

    Our pastor just got back from a trip to Egypt and Isreal. It was neat to come here and see that you share a passion for His people. I don't think about or pray for them as much as I should...I think I will subscribe....your posts will be a great reminder for me.
    And I found a post that you did on the story in the stars.....that was a blessing. I had heard about it a year or so ago but could not find anyone who knew who wrote the book. Thanks for posting that.

    ReplyDelete