Friday, June 12, 2009

Golda


Not long ago, I finished reading the book, "My Life by Golda Meir." As I was reading it, I sat with my Bible opened, and I cried. The hand of God was in this woman's life as she fought for Israel. Golda Meir was born in the Ukraine in 1898, and moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1906. She and her family escaped the attacks that were focused on the Jews in Russia at the time. Meir was a leading figure in Zionism and helped to establish Israel. In 1969, Meir became the Prime Minister of Israel.

"But, the Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them: and they shall dwell in their own land (Jeremiah 23:8)."
I have a great love and a deep respect for the Jewish people. They are still the Chosen people of God.

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles come in. And all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins (Romans 11:25-27)."

No comments:

Post a Comment