Monday, February 22, 2010

Joshua and Passover

On that day the Lord magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they feared him, as they feared Moses all the days of his life (Joshua 4:14).
And the people came up out of Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho...And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal and kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month even in the plains of Jericho (Joshua 5:10).

The first thing Joshua did when the children of Israel crossed Jordan into the land of promise was prepare the Passover meal. All the people of the nation of Israel came to a table spread in the presence of their enemies. "He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies."

The first meal the Israelites ate in the Promised land was Passover. The first meal we will eat in the land God has promised will be the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, the Passover. At His last Passover on earth, Jesus told His disciples, " But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine until I drink it with you in my Father's Kingdom." (Matthew 26:29.

"For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us..." (I Corinthians 5:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment